What Are Traumeel Injections & Who Can Benefit From Them?
Anyone that has ever suffered chronic pain as the result of an injury, osteoarthritis, post-operatively, or for any other reason knows that it can be very frustrating and can even diminish the quality of life. While there are a variety of ways to treat pain including prescription painkillers and corticosteroid injections, they are not the only option. Traumeel injections are a homeopathic treatment that can help manage a variety of conditions that cause painful inflammation.
What Exactly Is Traumeel Injections?
Traumeel is a blend of natural botanical and mineral extracts that have the ability to potentially treat inflammation, allow your body to heal properly, and reduce the pain associated with inflammation. Not only is Traumeel a powerful tool in relieving painful inflammation and restoring the quality of life, it can also help restore an active lifestyle more quickly than the natural pace of healing on its own.
Who Can Benefit From Traumeel Injections?
Traumeel use is incredibly safe, there are no known drug-to-drug interactions, side effects are incredibly rare, and individuals are typically able to resume normal activity immediately following the injection. If you are a competitive athlete that competes in sports where there are rules regarding steroid injections and competition, Traumeel injections may be a great option for you because Traumeel contains no steroids but can relieve painful inflammation. Further, if you have knee pain, hip pain, pelvic pain, tendinitis, sacroiliac joint pain, tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, back pain, post-operative pain, muscle spasms, sports injury, traumatic injury, tears in ligaments, muscles or tendons, bursitis, arthritis, or other painful injuries, Traumeel injections may offer tremendous relief! Traumeel injections are, generally speaking, most effective when they are administered immediately or very soon after injury. Additionally, because Traumeel injections are natural and homeopathic, they can be repeated multiple times as routine therapy until the symptoms disappear. Traumeel provides this helpful breakdown of who a good candidate is for Traumeel Injection Therapy:
Traumeel® injections could be right for you if:
• You are not getting adequate pain relief from physical therapy and/or over-the-counter pain medications, including ibuprofen (e.g., Advil®), acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol®), or naproxen sodium (e.g., Aleve®)
• You experience adverse events from other pain medications and are looking for a medication with an excellent safety profile
• You are taking several medications and want to reduce the risk of drug-to-drug interactions when adding another pain medication
• You are unable to tolerate or unwilling to take prescription NSAIDs or steroid injections (e.g., Kenalog®)
• You are suffering from diabetes, heart disease or other risk factors that complicate treatment with standard medications